Dark Sky Festival Registration
DSF Registration Fees:
Registration for the DSF is an all-inclusive event package.
$ 75.00 per adult / $ 20.00 per youth (under 18 yrs old)
$ 105.00 per adult / $ 30.00 per youth
Registrations must be received and paid by:
August 15th, 2018 (6:00 pm)
Registration will be capped at 150 participants
- First come, First registered
Thebacha & Wood Buffalo Astronomical Society
PO Box 1354
Fort Smith, NT X0E 0P0 Tel: 1-867-872-0243
Ursa Major Sponsors
What registration includes!
Your festival registration fee is "all inclusive" and includes;
+ Access to all DSF activities, presentations, workshops, etc.
- Feature presentations; Dr. Roberta Bondar / Prof. Lawrence M Krauss
- Stellar Workshops; Roland Duchense (Light abatement) / Other workshops TBA
- Activities for Kids; Circus of Science / AuroraNauts programs / Rocket building
+ Meals and Refreshments
- Thursday social (appetizers, refreshments, etc.)
- Friday welcome reception and meal (at the Fort Smith venue)
- Saturday festival dinner (Pine Lake festival site)
- Sunday breakfast
+ Camping in Wood Buffalo National Park
- 3 nights camping at "Pine Lake Dark Sky Observation Site"
- Access to potable water, outhouses, wash stations
- Pine Lake Sky Circle (observing platform)
+ Access to TAWBAS telescopes and observing equipment
- Access to TAWBAS telescopes, solar-telescopes, binoculars, i-Optron camera
tracker, etc. (setup all 4 nights/days - weather permitting)
- Thursday evening observing session at Fort Smith Star Park & Observatory
- Night sky orientation, aurora photography lessons and other programming
+ And more
- Parks Canada interpretive tours; Grosbeak Lake Hike / Pine Lake evening activity
- Discount on TAWBAS festival merchandise
Sight-seeing and experiential "tours" may be offered by 3rd party not associated with the Dark Sky Festival but is promoted by TAWBAS as an add-on during your visit to Fort Smith and Wood Buffalo National Park.
Details will be posted as they become available.
Updated: February 10, 2018